Top 10 Most Overlooked Producers
One thing that’s always got to me is all the people pushing the music/artists we all already know about, so I’ve put together this little list of 10 of my most favourite producers at the moment who are also, in my eyes, often overlooked..
I know a lot of people will have different views so this is a personal preference..
In no particular order -
1. Six - this guy has done collabs with the likes of Syte and Reamz and currently has releases on Mindstep and Soulstep; watch out for future projects is all I can say… (http://soundcloud.com/six_6)
2. Jafu - currently getting a lot of attention and one of my most favourite producers from the past year, if you haven’t heard any music from him then I’d seriously advise you do - every production is flawless… (http://soundcloud.com/jafu)
3. Geode - his latest EP (set for release later this month on Innamind) has been raising quite a few ears recently, but he has been producing long before that as well - again each production is absolute vibes… (http://soundcloud.com/geode-1)
4. Mentha - ever since I hit him up about getting on the xmas EP at the end of last year I’ve been rinsing his tunes and he has a lot more in stock for this year too with his label Subaltern Records, whose first release consists of a collab between bossman Mentha and Murk entitled ‘1992' and a remix from Ipman on the B side which has been gaining endless radio support as of late… (http://soundcloud.com/mentha)
5. Pressa - been a favourite of mine for a long time now, combining loads of different, flavourful elements into his music and mixes… (http://soundcloud.com/pressa)
6. Haack - another one of those mystery men; first came to my attention via a free EP from US based label Sub Lab and has recently featured on the latest Sub Pressure compilation… (http://soundcloud.com/haack)
7. Ooko - underrated don of the 130 sound - when I used to listen to GetDarker religiously I remember Beezy spinning a few of his tunes and his ‘Sex Sells' EP (out now on Mimm Recordings) is a percy release of mine… (http://soundcloud.com/ooko)
8. Inkarv - always coming through with soulful productions, his most recent EP on Vulcan Audio demonstrates that element of his sound perfectly… (http://soundcloud.com/inkarv)
9. Rowl - had numerous releases on big labels like M.U.D and ICU Audio, not so much ‘overlooked’, but definitely one to ‘look out for’… (http://soundcloud.com/rowlversa)
10. Collision - his grime stuff is some of the best I’ve heard in a while and again he came to my attention via that Sub Lab free EP some time ago, his darker 140 tunes are equally as polished… (http://soundcloud.com/collisionuk)
- Max -